Friday, July 04, 2003

Taken from Friday Five

Answer the questions! Kinda bo liao interesting things we can do to amuse each other. Heh.

1. What were your favorite childhood stories?
The Three Golliwogs. Most Enid Blyton stuff.

2. What books from your childhood would you like to share with [your] children?
All that Greek and Chinese mythology that I read. And this big Bible parables book that I used to love. And oh, Aesop Fables and 1001 Arabian Nights. You can tell, I used to be a sucker for fairytales. Still am, in a certain sense. I like the thought of mysticism. Magic.

3. Have you re-read any of those childhood stories and been surprised by anything?
Not really.

4. How old were you when you first learned to read?
3. My mum insisted on making me read "Peter and Jane" and used flash cards to teach me.

5. Do you remember the first 'grown-up' book you read? How old were you?
I think I was 7 or 8. I think it was some Barbara Taylor Bradford book. But while I could read every single word there, I didn't understand most of what was going on.

No comments: