Thursday, June 15, 2006

Hi everyone... sorry for going mia for so long... this year has been unbelievable thus far! The amt of work, lack of time and long hours is too daunting to put in words. Just for comparison, arts student have a 10 contact hr week on ave... we have a 9 hr day (8-5pm) on a daily basis, except on thurs which starts at 11am (if and only if we're lucky or else it's still 8am...)! And the association is doing much more this year. Thus far, we've managed to have a meeting with the high commissioner, representatives from contact singapore, the business councils, right here in Adelaide! A Singaporean careers fair and Singaporean week is currently in the works and would materialise (hopefully) in Sept and Aug respectively. As you all can see, this is an extremely busy, but exciting and fruitful year for me... and now, gotta prepare for exams! And again, to show the unfairness in the system... all faculties have a 2 week study break to prepare for their exams which consists of 1 semester worth of work... Med sch gave us only 1 week study break to prepare for 2.5 years worth of work!!! Wtf!!! And to add onto the stress of work/sch, I'm moving house after my lease expires in Aug so had been busy with searching and finally paperwork so that I have a roof over my head next semester! And WORST of all... it's now winter and bloody cold (coldest in 17 yrs!) and I just found out I gained 1kg today due to winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How much more can a guy stand?!?!?!

Avi, me email is chocopowder@hotmail.com or chocopowder@gmail.com. I use both so feel free to send me stuff! Anyone in perth this coming holidays? I'll be there for 2 weeks before I return to Singapore for a week.

No comments: